3 Parts To A Website
Domain NameAlso know as the "URL", Website Address or www.
Website FilesAll the text, photos, graphics and behind the scenes stuff that make up your Website.
HostingThe special computer or "server" that all your Website files are uploaded to.
How do I get a domain name (www.whatever.com)?
A "domain name" or "URL" is the unique address that people will type into their browser to go directly to your Website. For example, the domain name for this Web site is www.websitesbymark.com. After deciding on a name and a few alternatives, (you'll be surprised what's already taken!) the name will need to be checked for availability, registered and paid for. This is something you can easily do yourself at one of the many available online registrars for around $12.00 per year. As your Web site designer I will guide you through the domain name purchase.
What is the process of getting a Website?
- Fill out and send me the price quote form or call 410-360-1346.
- I will contact you through email or phone to arrange a meeting or answer any questions.
- If you decide to use my services, we will both sign a standard Website design contract to be returned with a deposit.
- I will begin designing your new Website and email you a temporary private link to preview the progress.
- After final design approval from you and receiving any remaining balance due, your new Website will be uploaded (published) to its permanent location on the web for all the world to see!
How much does a Website cost?There are basically three things that you need to buy for a complete Website...
- Domain Name Cost - Around $12.00 per year from GoDaddy.com
- Website Hosting Cost - Around $80.00 per year from GoDaddy.com
- Website Design Cost - Will vary depending on what you need. My custom design costs are always reasonable. Please fill out the Price Quote form for a free estimate.