Website Design Questions
How do I get a domain name (www.whatever.com)?A "domain name" or "URL" is the unique address that people will type into their browser to go directly to your Website. For example, the domain name for this Web site is www.websitesbymark.com. After deciding on a name and a few alternatives, (you'll be surprised what's already taken!) the name will need to be checked for availability, registered and paid for. This is something you can easily do yourself at one of the many available online registrars for around $10 per year. As your Web site designer I will handle the registration process for you if desired.
IMPORTANT! If you allow someone else to register your domain name make sure that you or your company is listed as the owner of the name. If not, you could easily lose your name down the road.
What is the process of getting a Website?
- Fill out and send me the price quote form or call 410-360-1346.
- I will contact you through email or phone to arrange a meeting or answer any questions.
- If you decide to use my services, I will postal mail you a standard Website design contract to be returned with a deposit.
- I will begin designing your new Website and email you a temporary link to preview the progress.
- After final design approval from you and receiving any remaining balance due, your new Website will be uploaded (published) to its permanent location on the web for all the world to see!